Don Wright Insurance CompanyDon Wright Insurance Agency

Call us Today! 713-465-3200

Recreational Vehicles

Motorhomes or RV

There is so much to explore when you’re cruising the country in your motorhome or RV. Not all surprises are good ones, though, which is why it helps to have an insurance plan in place. Motorhome insurance typically includes multiple coverages designed to help protect you and help pay for the repairs to your motorhome and its contents in certain situations. You may find some of the same coverages offered by auto insurance are available for motorhomes.

Off-Road Vehicles

Enjoy the thrill of every jump, dip and turn even more by knowing you’re protected! Most homeowner’s insurance policies give you little to no protection for your off-road vehicles, especially once you leave your property. Off-road vehicle insurance policies provide coverage to help protect you and your vehicle from risks you could face while riding.

Off-road vehicle insurance includes protection designed for:

  • ATV
  • Trail Bike
  • Utility Vehicle
  • Go Kart
  • Snowmobile
  • Golf Cart
  • Dune Buggy
  • Segway


A typical recreational vehicle insurance policy may include the following options:

  • Collision Coverage
    Covers damage to your recreational vehicle in the event of an accident with another vehicle or object.
    • It includes repairing or replacing your motorhome, physical structures, built in or permanent features within your motorhome.
    • Covers repairs to your off-road vehicle if you hit a fence, fallen tree or another off-road vehicle.
  • Comprehensive Coverage
    Covers damage caused by something other than a collision such as fire, hail, theft, vandalism, explosion, earthquake and more.
  • Liability Coverage/Bodily Injury Liability
    Covers repairs or replacements of another person’s property in the event of an accident at which you are at fault. Also assists in covering medical expenses, loss of wages and funeral expenses if someone else is injured or worse.

Other Optional Coverages

  • Contents Coverage
    Covers additional personal belongings within the motorhome. Call us and find out if your personal property coverage on your homeowners or renters insurance will help cover your belongings while they’re in your motorhome.
  • Medical Payments Coverage
    Helps cover medical expenses or funeral expenses that you or your passengers experience as the result of an accident.
  • Personal Injury Protection
    Helps cover expenses such as medical bills, lost wages and funeral expenses that result from an accident with your motorhome. Only available if you live in a no-fault state*.

Other additional coverages to ask us about include roadside assistance or emergency travel.

Find more information on safety regulations and Texas state requirements for off-road vehicles here.

*Texas: Optional no-fault insurance

Call us today to find the perfect fit for your recreational vehicle and your adventures!

What to do if you are involved in an Accident

Stay Calm (Assess the injuries or damage, get medical assistance)
Call the police to file a report (This is very important to help determine fault or no fault.)
Limit the discussion of the accident (Let the facts determine fault/no-fault)
Get the facts and details of the accident:

  • Date & Time
  • Location
  • Name of other driver
  • Phone number
  • Address, City, State, & Zip
  • Insurance Company & Agent
  • Policy number
  • Gap Coverages
  • Name of witness & contact information

Report the incident to our agency

Call us Today! 713-465-3200

Hours of Operation

Monday - Thursday 9am - 6pm
Friday 9am - 5pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed


1500 Brittmoore Rd., Ste 301
Houston, TX 77043



Our Location